Monday, August 30, 2010

Completely Humbled...

What a weekend...

I've been in Irvine for the amputee conference for the past 4 days and it was definitely an experience just meeting everyone and hearing their stories. (I felt like my story was boring compared to theirs!)

From motorcycle accidents, to car accidents, helicopter accidents, power line accidents, land mines, cancer, congenital, train accidents, combat, infection, diabetes, flesh eating disease, meningitis, doctor error and I am sure there is more... Everyone's story was different and equally almost unbelievable.

I did not meet one person that was not making lemonade out of lemons in one way or the other. Makes you see how awesome, real, and nice all these people are. Everyone has been in somewhat life threatening situations in one way or the other so most have the same philosophy in life... It's too short and you have to make your life worth it and live it to the fullest. Even if it means just following your dreams that before may have seemed impossible...

I think everyone could learn from most amputees. I definitely did... I wish I would have been able to go to this sooner. Maybe it would have stopped my whining about my leg and my frustration over stupid stuff that goes along with it. People always say "someone somewhere always has it worse than you" but that doesn't mean anything until you MEET that person or people.

Even if they do have it worse than me they are definitely not leading on to it. This made me realize a lot about myself...

Definitely glad I went this weekend....

A little reminder of what I have lost... Learning from this weekend. It's time to move on...


Courtney Dawn Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment