Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life Transformed...

My great grandmother just died this past week at the bold age of 96 and left behind her husband, my great grandpa.

They had been married for 75 years...some people don't even live that long in the first place!

I just keep thinking back to the stories I have heard and wonder if my grandpa is going to die soon. Death from a broken heart? Is there such a thing? Can love even be THAT strong?

Is it wrong I am more sad for my grandpa than I am for my grandma's death?

(Don't get me wrong. I am going to miss her dearly. But she had a long, happy life).

I just keep imagining him that first night lying in that bed all by himself...how would that feel? It breaks my heart to even think about it...

They always say that time flies by the older you get. In this situation, I think the world would stop...

Live, LOVE, Laugh, Never take anything for granted... life is short, even if you do live to be 96 years old.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...powerful. I am very sorry that she is no longer here. What an amazing love story they HAVE though...yes I said HAVE not HAD. WOW

    ReplyDelete